Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicken Breast With Honey-Balsamic Glaze

All I can say is YUM!!!  This might be one of our new favorites.  And just to make it a little better, it's super simple and quick to make.  I've been looking for a way to make chicken a little less boring, but I didn't want a recipe that had a ton of ingredients.  I found this one on Food.com and made a few little adjustments.  Eric doesn't like "thick" chicken so I always cut one chicken breast into 2 or 3 layers (depending on how thick the breast is).  It actually is a really good idea because instead of only tasting the seasoning on the outside, the whole bite has flavor.  I also cut the amount of salt in half and substituted a few sprays of "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" in place of olive oil (in bold print below). This recipe is enough for 4 servings. 

Chicken Breast With Honey-Balsamic Glaze:

1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
A few sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (3 or 4 sprays are enough)
4 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey

Directions:
  1. Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle over both sides of chicken breasts
  2. Spray I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (or about a teaspoon of olive oil) over medium high heat.  dd chicken; cook until done
  3. Transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm.  Reduce heat to medium-low; add vinegar and honey to pan.  Simmer 1 minute or until glaze thickens; stir constantly.  Pour glaze over chicken. 
This entire dish only takes about 15 minutes to make start to finish and it's made with ingredients that I always have in my pantry.

For sides I made brown rice and a few spears of grilled asparagus....delicious!

I was also able to find the nutritional information for this meal, but remember that if you cut out the olive oil, you will cut out some of the fat/calories as well:

Calories: 179.9
Total Fat: 4.1 g
Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
Cholesterol: 72.5 mg
Sodium: 424.8 mg
Protein: 24.2 g

No comments:

Post a Comment